1. What information do we collect?
We collect different types of information from you when you visit the Site, Join the Movement as part of the StartUp Health Network, submit an application to enroll in the StartUp Health Moonshot Academy, otherwise apply to enroll in a StartUp Health affiliated program or offering, or when you respond to communication such as email, or otherwise participate in another Site feature.
- We automatically collect non-personally identifiable technical information such as IP addresses and session identifiers.
- When registering for the StartUp Health Network or submitting an application to enroll in the StartUp Health Moonshot Academy or other programs or offerings, we may ask you for certain personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or other such information.
- Additionally, when registering for the StartUp Health Network or submitting an application to enroll in the StartUp Health Moonshot Academy or other programs or offerings, we may ask you for general, non-personally identifiable information about your business, such as information that relates to the funding you have received to date, the particular skills that you have, the industries in which you are active, and general types of products, services, or relationships that your business provides or needs or that you would be otherwise interested in hearing about. When answering questions about certain aspects of your business, we ask you to answer such questions without disclosing any specific confidential or proprietary information. You do not have to provide information for many of the questions asked in the registration or application process.
- Like many websites, we also use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to the Site. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
2. How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Site, or use certain other Site features in the following ways:
- We use non-personally identifiable technical information collected by the Site to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track user activities, to infer user interests, and to otherwise induce, deduce, and gather information about individual users and activity on the Site.
- We use the information you provide when you Join the Movement to contact you about StartUp Health programs or offerings, to aggregate for statistical analysis (such as the information presented on for StartUp Health Insights), to share with our third party sponsors, program affiliates, or other third parties that we feel may be appropriate business relationships, and to administer promotions, surveys, or other Site features.
- We use the information you provide when submitting an application to enroll in the StartUp Health Moonshot Academy or other programs or offerings to communicate with you, to evaluate your application, to determine whether you meet criteria for enrollment, and to determine what programs and offerings we should offer. We may also share the information you provide with our third party sponsors, program affiliates, or other third parties that we may feel would be appropriate business relationships.
3. Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
4. Correction/Updating Personal Information
You can correct or update any information you provide when you Join the Movement for the StartUp Health Network or for apply to the StartUp Health Moonshot Academy by updating the associated application through the process provided on the Site. If you feel there is an important error in your personally identifiable information, please contact us by electronic mail at email@example.com.
5. Do we use "Cookies"?
6. Safeguarding Your Personal Information
StartUp Health follows generally accepted industry security standards to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use such personal information. However, no commercial method of information transfer over the Internet or electronic data storage is known to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage in our systems.
7. Privacy and Third Party Links
8. Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about the Site. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to the Site to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities). To obtain this information from StartUp Health please send an email message to email@example.com with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response. Not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
10. European Union
The Site is available globally and certain of our sponsors or affiliate organizations may operate globally. Therefore, when knowingly using or disclosing personal information transferred from the European Union, we abide by the Safe Harbor Principles as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce, use standard contract clauses approved by the European Commission, adopt other means under European Union law for ensuring adequate safeguards, or obtain your consent.