1. What information do we collect?
We collect different types of information from you when you visit the Site, Join the Movement as part of the StartUp Health Network, submit an application to enroll in the StartUp Health Moonshot Academy, otherwise apply to enroll in a StartUp Health affiliated program or offering, or when you respond to communication such as email, or otherwise participate in another Site feature.
- We automatically collect non-personally identifiable technical information such as IP addresses and session identifiers.
- When registering for the StartUp Health Network or submitting an application to enroll in the StartUp Health Moonshot Academy or other programs or offerings, we may ask you for certain personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, or other such information.
- Additionally, when registering for the StartUp Health Network or submitting an application to enroll in the StartUp Health Moonshot Academy or other programs or offerings, we may ask you for general, non-personally identifiable information about your business, such as information that relates to the funding you have received to date, the particular skills that you have, the industries in which you are active, and general types of products, services, or relationships that your business provides or needs or that you would be otherwise interested in hearing about. When answering questions about certain aspects of your business, we ask you to answer such questions without disclosing any specific confidential or proprietary information. You do not have to provide information for many of the questions asked in the registration or application process.
- Like many websites, we also use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to the Site. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
2. How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Site, or use certain other Site features in the following ways:
- We use non-personally identifiable technical information collected by the Site to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track user activities, to infer user interests, and to otherwise induce, deduce, and gather information about individual users and activity on the Site.
- We use the information you provide when you Join the Movement to contact you about StartUp Health programs or offerings, to aggregate for statistical analysis (such as the information presented on for StartUp Health Insights), to share with our third party sponsors, program affiliates, or other third parties that we feel may be appropriate business relationships, and to administer promotions, surveys, or other Site features.
- We use the information you provide when submitting an application to enroll in the StartUp Health Moonshot Academy or other programs or offerings to communicate with you, to evaluate your application, to determine whether you meet criteria for enrollment, and to determine what programs and offerings we should offer. We may also share the information you provide with our third party sponsors, program affiliates, or other third parties that we may feel would be appropriate business relationships.
3. Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
4. Correction/Updating Personal Information
You can correct or update any information you provide when you Join the Movement for the StartUp Health Network or for apply to the StartUp Health Moonshot Academy by updating the associated application through the process provided on the Site. If you feel there is an important error in your personally identifiable information, please contact us by electronic mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Do we use "Cookies"?
6. Safeguarding Your Personal Information
StartUp Health follows generally accepted industry security standards to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security and correctly use such personal information. However, no commercial method of information transfer over the Internet or electronic data storage is known to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information during its transmission or its storage in our systems.
7. Privacy and Third Party Links
8. Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about the Site. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to the Site to email@example.com.
9. Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us once a calendar year information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year (e.g. requests made in 2018 will receive information regarding 2017 sharing activities). To obtain this information from StartUp Health please send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Request for California Privacy Information" on the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your email address in response. Not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
10. For Users Outside of the United States
StartUp Health of 85 Broad Street, New York, NY (the “Company”) collects and processes the personal data that is provided by you when you visit our Site, subscribe to receive our newsletters and related communications, attend our events, provide us with your contact details or other data generated by or about you. This Privacy Notice is provided to you in accordance with applicable privacy laws including, but not limited to, laws implementing the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) (the “Data Privacy Laws”). It applies only if you are located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and the UK and it explains what personal data (defined under the Data Privacy Laws) we collect about you and how we use this personal data. The Company (“we” or “us”) is a data controller under applicable Data Privacy Laws.
Personal data we collect
We collect and process your personal data including your name, contact information such as email and telephone number, place of work, mailing address, attendance at our events, and communications entered into with you. This personal data is provided directly by you or the organization for which you work. Different types of information is collected from you when you visit the Site, Join the Movement as part of the StartUp Health Network, submit an application to enroll in the StartUp Health Moonshot Academy, otherwise apply to enroll or participate in a StartUp Health offering, or when you respond to communication such as email, or otherwise participate in another Site feature.
What we do with your personal data
We use the personal data to send you our newsletters and other related communications, invite you to our events and/or manage your attendance at any such events.
Additionally, we use non-personally identifiable technical information collected by the Site to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track user activities, to infer user interests, and to otherwise induce, deduce, and gather information about individual users and activity on the Site. We may also use non-personally identifiable information provided by you when you enroll in the StartUp Health Moonshot Academy or other offerings to compile and publish aggregated statistics regarding technology, companies, and investors and application trends.
There may be instances when we disclose your personal data to other parties:
to comply with the law or respond to compulsory legal process (such as a search warrant or court order) or request for information from a regulator or otherwise for legal purposes;
to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing the services; or
to protect the rights, property or safety of the Company or any of our respective affiliates, business partners, or customers or otherwise in the legitimate business interests of the Company and/or our affiliates and in accordance with Data Privacy Laws.
We may share your personal data with other business entities in connection with the sale, assignment, merger or other transfer of all or a portion of the Company's business to that business entity.
In any instance where we need to share your personal data with third parties, we will restrict the nature and categories of personal data to that which is required to comply with our contractual obligations to you or our legal and/or regulatory requirements. We may de-identify your personal data to protect your privacy.
How we protect your personal data
The Company understands that storing data in a secure manner is essential. The Company stores personal data and other data using reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to secure data against foreseeable risks, such as unauthorized use, access, disclosure, destruction or modification. Although we make good faith efforts to store the information we collect in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security. Further, while we work to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party "hackers" from illegally obtaining this information.
How long we keep it
We retain the personal data for seven years after the end of the last communication with you. After this period has expired, the personal data will be deleted.
Data privacy rights
You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal data. You also have the right to request that we delete or restrict the processing of your personal data, although we are permitted to retain it where we still have an ongoing purpose to retain it or as otherwise permitted under the Data Privacy Laws. To make any of these requests or to opt out of receiving marketing communications, please contact us at: email@example.com
If you wish to raise a concern about how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us at the above email or postal address and we will investigate the matter and respond to you promptly. You may also complain to any applicable data privacy authority in the country in which you are resident.
Any questions about this Privacy Notice or about the Company’s use of your personal data should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.